In liturgical worship the voice is the primary instrument. In addition to assembly singing, an adult choir for those in high school and above assists with Sunday worship twice a month from September through May. Special vocal music offerings fill in occasionally during the summer months. All are welcome to join the choir which rehearses Tuesday evenings from 7:30 pm to 8:45 pm during the school year.
Handbells enhance our worship services. An adult handbell choir assists with worship once a month. Children learn the basics of ringing handbells and chimes through age-grouped ensembles.
Our music ministries are directed by Lois Theesfield. Please contact Lois with your questions or interest. email@example.com
Please keep an eye on the calendar for information on upcoming special services.
Additional special worship services during the year include:
- Ash Wednesday
- Lent Midweek Worship on Wednesdays
- Holy Week Worship
- Senior Recognition
- All Saints
- Children’s Christmas Worship
- Christmas Vespers
- Christmas Eve
Baptisms are special and communal. Parents or adults wishing to schedule a baptism at Memorial are encouraged to call the church office at 515-382-6509. The pastor will meet to answer any questions about Lutheran Baptism and help to find a date to celebrate the sacrament.
Blessings on your engagement! Below are some basic wedding policies. A more detailed policy can be found here.
Please call the church office to talk about scheduling pre-marriage counseling with the pastor, ceremony scheduling and other details.
- Members may schedule a wedding as far in advance as desired.
- The cost for holding a wedding at Memorial is $240.
- A non-member wedding can be scheduled no more than six months in advance of the wedding date.
- The cost for a non-member wedding is $350 which includes mandatory pre-marriage counseling with the pastor.